It’s time for the Diversity Reading Challenge! Reading diverse books benefits everyone and the DRC makes it easy. Pick one book from each category.
Read a book:
- Written by and for a Latinx person
- Containing an African American young woman
- An African American young man
- With a SE Asian main character
- With an illustrator of color
- Containing an LGBTQ main character
- Graphic novel with people of color
- Of speculative fiction containing people of color
- With a native American protagonist
- With a person with a mental illness
- With a person with a disability
- With a Muslim main character
You can combine it with other challenges or do it alone. It’s like peanut butter, it goes with everything!
I can already think of 7 books that would go with the Diversity Reading Challenge. What’s your first read gonna be?