How I choose books, the uncomplicated version.
I read books according to what interests me. Looking back on my reading history I tend to read books that:
- Are on the Newberry list or any other award list
- Are about to come out as a movie
- My kids read and look interesting
- Other people have suggested
- Just look interesting
I am constantly on the prowl for a new book to read and I scour garage sales, thrift stores, used book stores, and other people’s bookshelves for books. I am not against approaching a stranger and asking them about the book they are reading. Don’t be alarmed, I’m harmless, just a book lover! Anyway, I’ve decided to come up with a plan for my reading for the next few months.
My (tentative) reading plan is as follows: through the end of summer I will continue to read award winning authors. In the fall I think I will attempt the banned books list. Meantime I may toss in an odd book here or there based on other book lovers. I also read adult fiction and have a big stack of those to read too. One day, one day (sigh).
Here is what I’m planning to read next, in no particular order:
- The Road to Paris, Nikki Grimes
- The Silver Chair, CS Lewis (working my way through this series)
- Walk Two Moons, Sharon Creech (I think this is a re-read)
- The Wanderer, Sharon Creech
Remember, I am ALWAYS open to suggestions so please send some my way!