I’ll admit: I’ve probably been to more football games than your average fan. BUT, I hardly understand the game! Truth be told, I was a BANDIE and traveled all around the PA tri state area performing at high school, college, and professional games. Ask me if I knew anything other than Touchdown?
I didn’t. I knew touchdown cuz that was when the band played the Fight Song!
I figured now is the time to learn football. How hard could it be?
You can imagine how excited I was when this little guy arrived in the mail. A football book for rookies!
I was so IN!
Also? I was deep in the middle of Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon and I need a light, quick, easy read! This book broke it down to me gently.
- 11 players on a team (odd number but whatever)
- end zone (mkay)
- Tackle, huddle, coin toss (I already knew that)
- downs and yards (starting to get tricky)
- First down (what???)
- Field Goal (kinda like a touchdown but without all the dancing)
- HALFTIME!!! Bring out the marching bands!!!
So anyway, you get my point. They get to the basics that even a non football person like me could understand. The photos and the comments are adorable and perfect for your little rookie football player.
PUT ME IN COACH, I’M READY TO PLAY!!