Isn’t it great to have friends who read? You know what’s better than that? Having friends with kids who read! There’s no better way to spend a warm and sunny summer afternoon than having a picnic and sharing books.
As you can see, the three of us are having a great time looking at books and preparing for our outdoor Storytime. Many thanks to my young friends who were eager to talk about their favorite books. It’s not difficult to have an impromptu picnic. All you need are a few supplies:
- Bag of durable books (I always keep a bag or two in my car) that you can grab and go.
- Picnic blankets folded and ready to go. Darla a professional organizer at Heartwork Organizing, always has hers ready.
- A friend or two. Thanks to Barb of A Life in Balance for sharing her little one with us.
- Quick and healthy lunch options
- Water (gotta stay hydrated)!
Now that you’ve gathered your supplies, choose a shady spot under a tree at home or in your fave park. Spread out your blankets, eat your snacks and get to talking about books!
Rainy day? Don’t worry, clear out a spot in the living room and have an indoor picnic!
Encourage your little one to lay back and browse through any book they like. Make it fun, make it easy, and they’ll be readers for life.
How do you and your littles enjoy reading together?