Discover Your Next Read, Discover Black History Month
February is Black History Month! It’s a special time of the year to celebrate the many accomplishments that African Americans have contributed to the world. Why should you care about Black History Month?
- You know someone who’s Black
- You don’t know someone who’s Black (and you should)
- You share similar experiences at Black people but don’t know it
- You share different experiences than Black people and you can learn from those experiences
- Black people are not just stereotypes
- Their contribution to society is vast and varied
- There are many cool books by, for, or about Black people
I will highlight books for, by and about African Americans all this month. I’ll bring you my favorites, ones I want to read, and ones that we can learn from. Think of this month as a very long party. With cake, of course! You’ll never know what you’ll learn from reading a book; you might discover your next great, read.