Blogging from #AtoZ Challenge Begins!

A

WELCOME TO THE BLOGGING FROM A TO Z APRIL CHALLENGE!

The A to Z blogging challenge is one of the funnest activities I take part in each year. It’s a chance to make new friends and share information. You know I love books, so buckle up and enjoy the ride as I soar through the month of April focusing on books for middle grade readers!

Let’s begin. The two books I’m sharing today are:

We Are Not Eaten by Yaks

We Are Not Eaten by Yaks, an Accidental Adventure

This fun title is part of the Accidental Adventure series by the talented C. Alexander London.  I read this book with my Tweenies last summer and I couldn’t get enough of it. It’s so fun!

The next title is:

ALL THE WRONG QUESTIONS

All the Wrong Questions: Lemony Snicket When Did You  See Her Last?

Fans of the old Lemony Snicket Series of Unfortunate Events will love his new series called All the Wrong Questions. Fun and misery abound!

So that’s it today, friends, short and sweet.  Let’s keep the line moving and go find another A to Z challenge blogger to visit. Have fun!

See you tomorrow for the letter B!

Introducing Pam

Pam is an educator librarian who is drawn to the little ones. In her purse you’ll find a cup of coffee, a book, and her iPhone. She loves social media, writing book reviews, and curating children’s literature. She is an information specialist, maven, connector, coffee drinker.

Comments

1. says

I only know the Lemony Snickets series by name only. I haven’t picked up a children’s book in years. No children at home, and no grandchildren in the scene. So, children’s literature isn’t my forte these days. I am delighted to join in on this year’s A to Z Challenge. This is going to be fun!
    Cathy Kennedy´s last blog post ..Things I am learning A-Z

2. says

So admirable…your passion for the middle grade readers and sharing these fun and catchy Titles….You are Not Eaten by YAKS…I would read that based on the title alone. I plan to pass your AtoZ Challenge posts on to a ‘Librarian Friend’, and continue to be here, myself, all the way through the Letter Z….that should be a dooZy! Well done for the Letter ‘A’.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

3. says

This is a dangerous place for me to be. (As I struggle to get through Keepers of the Lost Cities with the littles.) Too many fabulous stories out there! Of course, that doesn’t mean I’ll go away. Nope. Time to build an impossibly long reading list.
    Crystal Collier´s last blog post ..True Heroes from A to Z: A

4. says

Saw you at the A to Z challenge and as soon as I saw you rec’d a Snicket book, I knew we could be good buddies. 😀 Do you think an 11 yr old boy would like the Yak book? My son is reading Harry Potter right now but will need something else for this summer.
    TheBargainBabe´s last blog post ..Apple Cake (Recipe)

5. says

This is my first time doing the challenge and I am looking forward to getting to know many more bloggers. :)

I loved Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events! I’ll have to check out this new series. My nephews would, no doubt, love it.

6. says

We are not eaten by yaks is PERFECT for 11 yr olds of all ages. I read it with my Tween Book club. Its fun!

7. says

Well google hates me and won’t let me sign in…

Great theme, and if my boys were still young, they would have loved to have a months worth of book recommendations! We were constantly searching for books for our reluctant reader (the youngest) while I had to say to my oldest, “Stop reading! You have to…” and that always seemed so wrong to me…like waking a sleeping baby for some artificial schedule…sigh. But sometimes you do have to eat, and chores need to be done, as well as homework. He’s now 17 and still reads like a maniac. Yeah!
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014
    Tina Downey´s last blog post ..A ~ All Aboard! #atozchallenge

8. says

All the wrong questions… when I was a child, those were the only ones I thought I was capable of asking. :-) Yes. I’m serious!

I’m not familiar with either of these books so I appreciate the thought. I believe I saw a Lemony Snicket movie, but I could’ve sworn a name like Lemony was masculine rather than feminine! :-)

Happy A to Zing!

Julie Jordan Scott
    A to Z Challenge Participant/2011,12,13,14…..
    The Bold Writer from A to Z
    Julie Jordan Scott´s last blog post ..The Bold Writer from A to Z: A is for Audacious

9. says

Ah, great piece, Pam. I am a Lover of all things BOOKS! One can never have or read too many. And in being a part of the publishing industry, I always appreciate posts on the wonderful adventures of books. Thank you.
    ~Jamie, from the A-Z Challenge.
    Jamie Barone´s last blog post ..Authenticity…